How to restrict my SAP_ALL

Question: Hi everybody,

We started to load HR data into our BW-system and the HR people want that we don't see this data anymore in the BW-system.

My question to you all, what is the best way to tackle this problem.
Is it feasable and is it possible???

So my SAP_ALL need to be restricted with HR data!

Has anybody experience with this and please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Troch

Answer:
If you don´t need the data then why would you like to restrict the access to the data when you can simply delete it from the cubes making it unavailable in BW ?

There is a reason why SAP_ALL is called SAP_ALL.

Regards BWise

Answer:
We, BW administrators have a SAP_ALL.

Now that the data from HR is in BW, we need to take our SAP_ALL away and give us all the rights except to see the HR data in BW.

Because this isn't an easy job, I just want some tips how to start with this.

I thought to copy the SAP_ALL to a Z_SAP_ALL and delete the rights from HR but this is not so easy.

Has anyone other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Troch

Answer:
Hi

I am sorry I misunderstood you.

I think making a new role is the way to go. But you should remember that transaction SE16 kan be used on ODS tables etc. so it can be a difficult task restrict your access without making your job as an BW administrator difficult.

Hope you will find a solution.

Regards
BWise

Answer:
I am moving this thread to the SAP Security forum.

No comments:

topics