How to logon with SAPCPIC?

Question: Hi,
I have read that SAPCPIC is a standard SAP user with a default passwrd "ADMIN". But I cannot log on to SAP using a SAP GUI with that user and with that password. I am trying to do that because It seems that the SAP* and DDIC users don't have enough authorizations to make a Repository congiguration.
can someone tell me how to logon with that user?
Thanks

Answer:
Use tcode SU01.

Answer:
SAPCPIC is a service user so you will not be able to log in via a dialog login.
You could set SAPCPIC as a dialog user, but as standard it has profile S_A.CPIC which will probably not give you the auths you need.

Why don't you log in with SAP*, create a named user with the approriate authorizations and use that to make the changes?

Answer:
If I create a new user, can you tell me wich authorization he needs for doing repository customizings? (even SAP* and DDIC don't have it)

Answer:
what are the errors you are getting with SAP*/SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW user?

Have you tried creating a user with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW? what are the errors you are getting? You shoudl have the auths that you need with this, if not SU53 will tell the ones you are missing & you may need to regenerate SAP* (can do this via SU21)

Answer:
when customizing me repository with SAP* I got:"whanges with SAP* not allowed".

and when I did it with DDIC I got: "User DDIC may not make changes in customer systems".

So, as you advice me, I created a new user with SAP *, assigned him some roles, but no transaction (such as OAC0, SU53, SU56 ...) is allowed for that user. So I assigned SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profiles to him, regenerate SAP_ALL for SAP*. and retry some transaction for the same new user and still none of it is allowed.

Answer:
Go to SE06 and set the system as modifiable. Go to SCC4 and set the client to Repository bla bla changes are permitted but recorded.

Answer:
it works now, I can save my configuration with the new user.
in fact, after assigning the SAP_ALL profile to the new user, and regenerating it with sap*, I had to log off the new user's session and then logging on again. This time I could execute all transactions and even save my Repository Config.

Thank you for your help

No comments:

topics