Derieved Roles

Question: Hello,

I have created derived role for 500 roles. Now I have a slight requrinment for the 250 roles. I would like to make the change to the derieved role and push the chnage into the 250 roles but this will mean that the other 250 role will also be changed. Is there a selection option that i only want the derived role generated to selected roles.

Thanks

Answer:
Yes , do not use derived roles....You have encountered One of the MAJOR drawbacks... Option is to sever the relationship and re-attach it to a new parent ( not recommended) or accept the cost of doing business and making changes and let the children grow up and be individual roles and maintian them indiidually ( SUPC can help)

Answer:
I agree with you but I have no choice as i was left with this set-up.

I guess from what you are saying is the only way i can updated the 250 roles is updated them manully., can you confirm if this is correct. Or else i have to create a new master and create the new master relationship to the 250 roles, which i agree i dont want to go that route.

No comments:

topics