How to create RFC user

Question: Hi all,

I have a user who is a RFC user ,I have not created him but the earlier basis guy.
Now I have to create a RFC user. But I dont know what is RFC user except that when RFC user logs in he is asked the password for the remote server also and he does not have to enter password etc while importing requests via STMS.

Please tell:
What is RFC user and how is he different from normal user I create by su01?
How to create RFC user?


Please tell in details so that I can understand.

Thank you.

Answer:

What is RFC user and how is he different from normal user I create by su01?

Users can work with system with two protocols DIALOG and RFC/CPIC. So RFC-user is user that works with system with RFC/CPIC-protocol only.


How to create RFC user?

You can cretae RFC-user with su01. The difference is in 'Logon Data' - you must choose appropriate 'User type' field. Normal user has 'Dialog' user type. For RFC-user you should set user type to 'Communication' .

Answer:
I created a user 'test' and selected communication in the logon data.Then when I started the gui and tried to login then I was not able to login and a message came that please enter the dialog user.

Please tell that how to proceed next?

Answer:
This is normal.

Comunication user can uses RFC/CPIC-protocols ONLY (because RFC-user). So comunication user cannot user SAPgui for the registration in SAP system.

If you need one user for SAPgui and RFC-program then you must use Dialog user type.

Answer:
I have created 2 users in first user I gave dialog and in second I gave communication.

As told previously I was not able to login through sap gui ,ok that is rfc user so he doest register through sapgui but then how that rfc user goes into the sap system.

Furthermore there is a user using which when I login into the development server then I get a remote login dialog and when I give username and password it gives me a list of system administration task of the production server.I am not understanding that if that user is a dialog user then how is getting a remote login option.

Please clarify this doubt and if possible give me link to some reading material so that I can understand this topic in more detail.
You also explained in a good manner so if possible please make my concept clear .

Thank you

Answer:
Remote logon you get from RFC-connection in your system.
You can register to source system (test) as dialog user and then you can login to remote system with RFC-connection. Property of RFC-connection may contains client, user, passwd (and other things). When source system login to remote system it is RFC-connection even if you use dialog user. You can look it with SM04 transaction (column 'Type').
Although you cannot use SAPgui for login with communication user you can attach established RFC-connection to front software, therefore you can work via SAPgui with remote system.

Some materail you can get from F1 on User Type field in transaction SU01 . RFC-connection you can display and maintain with SM59 transaction.

No comments:

topics