Changing the Transaction Inheritance

Question: Hey Sap Securitiers,

I need to change the parent role of some of our derived roles.
I know I did it a couple of weeks ago and basically when into PFCG, clicked on the Description tab, clicked the Change button and clicked the Delete Inheritance Relationship button.

The field removed the current derived parent and I was able to enter in the new parent role and click Save and the world was a happy place.

Now, some weeks later, I try that same process but the Derive from Role field in the Transaction Inheritance box removes the parent role but keeps the field blank and greyed out. I can't enter anything in there no matter what I try. It means I end up basically creating a new role with the same values and deleting the old role - obviously this is far more time consuming than just changing the field.

Is there a setting or a trick or something that determines whether the Derive from Role field gets greyed out or not?

Thanks!

Answer:
You've got to delete the menu node, save, exit the role and go back in, then the Derived from Role box is blank and you can enter the new parent role in.

No comments:

topics