Changes of users in the CUA

Question: Hi,

We are using central user administration (CUA). Does anyone have an idea how I can find out in CUA which actual administrator ID made a change in the CUA client for a user in the child system? In the child system we can only see the RFC-user.

Thanks,

846

Answer:
As far I as I know (and someone else please chime in if I'm missing something) if you are looking for CUA type changes (ie something that was pushed from the CUA client down to the child system) the resulting ID in the change log will be the RFC Connection ID you specified for the CUA connection.

What you may want to try is looking at the change history for the user ID in question in the CUA client to determine which administrator initiated the "push" down to the child system(s). Hope that helps.

Answer:
The change history for the user ID in the CUA client only shows you the changes for an user in the CUA and not the changes in the childsystem, and that's my problem...

Answer:
The information is in the IDoc sent from CUA.

First you need to find the IDoc that made the change on the receiving system.

Second you find the corresponding IDoc on the CUA.

The user who made the change, is logged in the status record of the IDoc.

Answer:
Blaster,

I already know that solution but there has to be another (easier) solution, don't you think so ??

846

Answer:
Not a solution that I am aware of. Since the info is not related to the CUA client, I cannot see any shortcuts available.

But if you find out something else, then please enlighten me.

No comments:

topics