USOBT_C corrupt??

Question: I will try to explain my problem as best I can.

In Dev 900 (Security development client) I am having a strange situation when I add a transaction to a role but only in a small number of occurences.

Open role > add transaction to menu > go to authorization tab (profile) to tweek the oject values. I am finding 2 situations to be strange.

1. As opposed to appending and object with additional values from USOBT_C in certain cases it's changing the original value.
Example -
S_ARCHIVE - Activity 03
Application Area - BC
Archiving object - Workitem

When I add a transaction that would call this object from USOBT_C - it should add an additional authorization as opposed to changing the original. Instead, it's overwriting the existing authorization with an activity 01

This is where it gets really strange to me which is situation #2 -Tthe transaction I'm adding to the role doesn't even call S_ARCHIVE in the USOBT table. I'm adding SE16 and everbody knows that calls only S_TABU_DIS and S_GUI.

So - Why is the table overwriting an existing authorization as oppsed to appending as it always does? Secondly - why is a transaction changing objects in a profile when the transaction has absolutely no relationship to said object in USOBT_C or for that fact, in the ABAP code although the code has no impact at this point?

Final observation - I have only noticed this happening in a few instances. In most cases, transaction/table/profile/authorization relationship works as expected.

Hope my example makes sense and I greatly appreciate any guidance.

Answer:
duplicate post locked.

No comments:

topics