Using Text IDs as part of Authorization Profiles

Question: Hi,

I would like to disable specific header texts for input in VA01/VA02 based on a user's profile.

In SAP Help, it mentions that Text IDs can be used in determining the authorization of the user toward a particular text.

I would like to inquire how this can be done to achieve the input disabling of header texts?

Thank you
_________________
My ABAP Program does what I tell it to do... not what I want it to do...

Answer:
Not sure if this helps.

Specify that the user can create/change/display text_ids starting from a certain string or pattern say 001xxx or FINxxx.

However this assumes the user has to select the text id. Otherwise, the program has to check the user has the authorization for the pattern.

Answer:
thank you for taking time to reply.

unfortunately, the text id part of the Header Text in the Sales Order (VA01/VA02) so the user cannot select the text id nor could we find a user-exit where we could control this.

would there be any other solutions to this?

thanks
_________________
My ABAP Program does what I tell it to do... not what I want it to do...

Answer:
You cannot, it is not a control attribute for VA01/VA02.

No comments:

topics