using smtp sendmail from SAP

Question: Hi

Apologies all, I know this subject has been brought up earlier, I just havnt got it yet.

I am trying to simply send out emails when workitem item are received. I can config sapConnect. It is the RFC connection i have a problem with. I have the IP address of the SMTP server,
Activation Type - start
Start on Explicit host (I had the SMTP IP address here as target host)
what is the program name, I thought it would be SENDMAIL.

I am told by the people who look after the SMTP box that sendmail should be on the SAP box ????, so how do I config the rfc connection should this just point to the sap box which has sendmail service running on it, do i not need the SMTP server

I am confused - any help would be very welcome.

Thanks

John

Answer:
RFC connection should point to mlunxsnd program located in your /sapmnt//exe directory

Answer:
Thanks for the reply

Does that mean the RFC connection shouldnt be config'd for an another explicit host, but for the SAP box itself?

John

Answer:
Thanks for the reply

Does that mean the RFC connection shouldnt be config'd for an another explicit host, but for the SAP box itself?

John

No, mlunxsnd can be also installed as an RFC-Server and could be placed anywhere in the network. The TCP/IP-connection than has to be switched to register.
There is a note in OSS about this.

Answer:
dude, check the standard R/3 documentation CD... There is step by step instructions in there explaining how to set this up. RTFM !!!!

No comments:

topics