Using htmlb:tableView to perform LINEEDIT

Question: Hi All,

I am developing an application to call up SAP data and bind the internal table to a tableView in a BSP page. I have the selection in the onCreate event and rowselection event handling in the onInputprocessing event.

When I edit the line and choose the next line to edit, i use the PREVIOUSSELECTEDROWKEY and PREVIOUSSELECTEDROWINDEX attribute of the tableview_event object to update the internal table.

What happens is that subsequently the onCreate event fires again when control passes from one row to another and the changes are lost in the internal table.

Can you please advise me as to how to go about fixing this issue.

I am new to BSP and trying to understand the concepts.

Any suggestion as to where to start the learning process.??

Thanks,

venky

Answer:
Hi,

Don't know if this will help as I am only just learning bsp development as well...

I can't understand why the onCreate event is firing again - I had assumed this only triggers once when the page is first displayed. I have all of my data retrieval in the onInitialisaztion event and all my event handling in the onInputProcessing event.

Is there anything in your bsp that may cause a full refresh or similar?

No comments:

topics