Users and Passwords

Question: Hello,

Can anyone tell me that where to see list of users and their corresponding active passwords.

I have seen tables usr01, usr02, usr03 and all other usr's.

There is a field of password but i think that it is the initial password.

So can anyone tell me from where to see the current password .
And i am sure it would be encrypted so also pls suggest how to decrypt it.

Dont think that i am trying for illegal access as i am myself a Basis administrator and such a requirement has come up for me.

I would appreciate any help on this issue

Regards
suril2031

Answer:
Hello snowy and moderators,

I hope there is nothing wrong with the poll that i have kept.
Pls inform me if anything is wrong.

And moreover also pls provide info about basic rules for keeping polls

Regds
suril2031

Answer:
This is not a poll but a question of specific nature... A poll would be...

Should SAP consider keeping the password of a user in clear text. NO

Is there use for a Initial password not reset report... There is one...

Not "tell me..."

Can anyone tell me that where to see list of users and their corresponding active passwords table usr02 field BCODE . If LTIME = 000000 Then the password is initial...
You cannot decrypt the password... The whoel rason for passwords it to keep it secret. You have the power to change it not view it...

Answer:
"John A. Jarboe"]
This is not a poll but a question of specific nature... A poll would be...

Should SAP consider keeping the password of a user in clear text. NO

Is there use for a Initial password not reset report... There is one...

Not "tell me..."



Hello John,

I was putting similar kind of polls in my previous posts but moderators deleted them.

So I have put such a poll.

Suril2031

Answer:
What's the obsession with polls? they just annoy people who would otherwise answer your questions

Answer:
Amen.

Answer:
Ummmmhhhhhhhhh.... - for Buddism.

Answer:
example for poll:

how do you like SAP's new SAP notes search engine?

asking how to decrypt password should not be a poll.

I had enough with these useless polls.

No comments:

topics