Migration tools for a heterogeneous system copy in sap

I am new to SAP, and my organization put me directly into implementation here. They are asking me to do a heterogeneous system copy. Presently we are on a Linux platform, and they want it to be installed on HP-Unix systems and with the same database Oracle 9.2 with R/3 Enterprise.

Could you tell me the procedure for a heterogeneous system copy? I have referred to the notes in the SAP service marketplace, but I find them a little bit difficult to understand.

If you are already using the backwards-compatible 6.40 kernel, you can use the 6.40 migration tools. They are discussed in detail in the homogeneous and heterogeneous system copy guide which can be downloaded at http://service.sap.com/instguides*.The manual explains the prerequisites, the step-by-step procedure and the post-processing tasks.

Please note that you need a certified migration consultant to assist you with heterogeneous system copies.

* Authorization required to access the SAP service marketplace

No comments:

topics