IMG display only?

Question: Is there a way to grant display only access to IMG easily? I realize it is made up of many different transactions and would like to avoid securing hundreds of different objects individually if i can.

Thanks in advance

Answer:
This is probably the single most frequent topic here. You ought to use the search feature to see what has been said. There isn't one simple trivial answer.

You have to face some trade-offs. For my money I would rely on display authority for objects such as S_TABU_DIS, S_NUMBER, S_CALENDAR and many other objects and not rely too heavily on transaction code authority. I would certainly grant access to SM30 and SM34 (with aforesaid display authority) and I would encourage use of cross system table compare utilities.
_________________
bwSecurity

Answer:
Search this forum for "DIsplay IMG" and look for my reply dated 25th May'06.

No comments:

topics