How do I restrict transaction access based on user profile? in sap

I have a batch of users that are set up with profiles only that have too much access. I want to build roles that give them access to the transactions they need to do for their job. I have asked these users' managers to give me information on what these users need; my new manager says that is not the way to do it.

I don't want to get in between you and your manager but does he have another way? It is possible to extract data from the SAP system performance logs regarding users and the transactions they use. This probably will require that you obtain the RBE tools from SAP or use appropriate features of solution manager (or get programs from developer who have done this before.

It isn't a bad idea to get information from business managers on what their users do. Even if you get data from the system, you will have to discuss it with managers to actually build the roles correctly.

No comments:

topics