Deleting composite roles

Question: Hi all,

I'm having some trouble deleting a composite role, and transporting the deletion.

It seems I can only delete a composite role if it no longer contains any single roles.
But, if I remove the single roles, I can't create a transport of the composite role. What gives?

edit: By the way, the single roles contained in the composite roles must be deleted as well.

Just want to say that we do not normally use composite roles. Someone made this for some unknown reason, and I'm just trying to clean up the mess.

The system is R/3 4.6c.

Answer:
Well, just answering my own post.

It seems I solved the problem on my own:

1. Create the transport of the composite role still containing the single roles.

2. Remove the single roles from the composite role.

3. Delete the composite role.

4. Delete the single roles.

5. Release the transport.

Just one of those cases where you spend a long time on a problem, and when you finally ask for help, the solution just comes to you.

No comments:

topics