Creating a group in EP 5.0?

Question: could any one please let me know how to create a group in Portal EP 5.0. we have created role and assigned users to the role. But, we are interested in creating a group of users so that we just need to assign group to the role. I can't see an option of creating a group in EP5.0.
I appreciate if you can help me in this.
thanks

Answer:
Hi,

You do not create your groups in EP, but in your LDAP. It's always a good idea to assign roles to groups rather than individual users.

abapdr

Answer:
Thanks so much for your reply. could u please guide me how to create groups in LDAP or direct me to some good documentation on creating groups in LDAP.
thanks

Answer:
Hi,
I'm afraid I'm not an expert in this area. It might also be a slightly different approach based on the LDAP you use, which we know nothing about. I would suggest asking for help from one of your basis/network admin guys or read the documentation of the particular product in use.
abapdr

Answer:
Hi,
thanks so much for your reply. I came to know that even basis people don't have rights to create a group in LDAP. "data security" team is creating a group for us.
just some info..
we need to create a group in the active directory within domain --> Apps --> SAP Portals.
thanks

Answer:
Does anybody know if there is a resctriction on SAPPortals that if you use subgroups in your LDAP?

We are groups and we assign sub groups to these groups. If we try to assign the role to the group it does not explode it to the sub groups.

No comments:

topics