clean up manual profiles

Question: I have never worked on manual created profiles such as SU02 or SU03, now I have to clean them up as we are using PFCG now.

I find a way to list to list all the non- PFCG generated profiles by going to SUIM, profiles, then complex selection creteria, it looks to me if I untick "generated profiles" the I will get what I want. My question is will this give me the complete list? The bad thing is it also gives SAP standard profiles such as sap_all, which I don't want to remove from the system.

Any other ways?

Also what is the best way to remove them? PFUD leave activity group blank or *, select "delete expired profiles"?

Answer:
guest, use trns SU25 option 6 to list all manul profiles. From here you can delete all user assignments (on selected profiles). You could then take the list and use to delte the profiles ( manually or via a CATT )
_________________
regards,
rob

Answer:
guest, use trns SU25 option 6 to list all manul profiles. From here you can delete all user assignments (on selected profiles). You could then take the list and use to delte the profiles ( manually or via a CATT )

thanks Rob, it looks great.

It seems it does not contain any SAP delivered profiles, such as sap_all, does it? The client has used SAP namespace, I have to be very careful.

Is the SUIM I mentioned correct too? which unfortunately contains SAP delivered profiles.

Answer:
one more question on this is: is there a mass deletion of manul profiles? I know there is a note about mass deletion of roles. How about profiles?

No comments:

topics