Changing Role is CUA

I have newly implemented a CUA on 4 of my CLIENTS (1 central and 4 child). My central client contains around 300 users, and each of them has around 10 ROLEs assignement.

After the imlplementation of CUA, it seems that I need to go to SU01, maintain the ROLE to the USER assignment for each of my child clients. This task is very tedious as I have more than 300 users and most of them have different role to user mapping. Is there a way that I could distribute the ROLE to USER mapping to all my child client authomatically ?

Thanks a lot.

AllieC.

Answer:
You do not have your CUS set-up correctly as this is what it is supose to do , or you CUA is working as designed, poorly. In CIA in PFCG you upload the roles and assign them tot he target system, THere is a config table which tell SAP where they are ans the RFC connectin to use. Look in th eIMG (SPRO) and all thisis detailed in there).

Answer:
Thanks John,

I am not quite sure what you mean. In my central client, SU01 has one more TAB called SYSTEM, which I need to manually assign my child client in this tab in order for this user to access this child. Similarly, on the ROLE & PROFILE tabs, there is an extra column called SYSTEM, which I need to manually assign the ROLE and PROFILE given to the user in this child client:

(Eg: QAS300 is my central client, DEV100 is one of my child clients. I need to manually assign both roles to this user in DEV100)
DEV100
QAS300 BASIS ADMIN
QAS300 BATCH ADMIN

Do you mean that, if I setup CUA correctly, I don't need to assign the ROLE to users in DEV100, and this ROLE assignment will be populated automatically based on the assignment in QAS300 ?

Thanks a lot.
Allie

Answer:
If I understand your problem correctly.

I have a CUA and 12 child systems and I have never come accross your problem.

1. Roles are not maintained in your CUA they should be maintained in your developmeent client. The CUA only needs the Text information of the roles and this is done by going into SU01 enter a User and select change, go to the Tab roles and select the text Compare from child Icon

2. go to transaction SCUG and select the USERS Icon. Select each of the tab icons in turn select 1 page of users at a time and execute This pulls in the full user master for each of your users. I have 600 Users and I can do this in about 20 minutes.

my email address is jwallace@uk.loreal.com if you need further assistance with the CUA implementation/

Answer:
If you have your CUA system set up probably, you can use transaction su10 to add a role to multiple users cross-system.

No comments:

topics